So, we all know about moisturizers right? The product that makes our skin smooth and soft? Well, they do much more than that! They are extremely important and beneficial for the skin. But honestly, it can get a little confusing with all the different moisturizers out there.
Moisturizers are important because they help keep your skin from getting dehydrated, even oily skin types need to moisturize. That’s why moisturizers should be the last step in your skincare routine. Your moisturizer has a defining role in how effective your skincare is. Surprisingly, most of us know very little about what makes a moisturizer. And because of that, we fail to find the right one for our skin type.
How to Apply Your Moisturizer?
- Get a little amount of your moisturizer and warm it up in your hands.
- Now that the cream is all over your hands, apply it onto your face in an upward motion.
- Start from the cheeks and massage it upwards.
- Apply the rest on your forehead and finally, on your neck. Always go upwards.
- Apply your moisturizer on clean, damp face. Damp skin absorbs better.
- If you use serums, apply your moisturizer after your serums.
3 TYPES OF MOISTURIZERS!
1. The Skin ‘Glue’: Ceramides
- Naturally found in the skin
- damaged or depleted ceramide levels show up as dry, damaged skin.
- By replenishing the skin with lost ceramides
- it is better able to retain moisture.
- Key ingredients: Ceramides
Works best for: Normal and combination skin types, minimal dryness and those with eczema.
2. Humectant dominant/based moisturizers:
- Draws water to skin cells to keep skin hydrated
- Binds water to the skin to help keep it on the surface
- Absorbs very quickly
- Lightweight consistency
- Look for: Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, Honey, Aloe Vera
- Think: Gel formulas
Works best for: Moisture-drawing ingredients great for all skin types, especially oily skin types
3. Occlusive dominant/ based moisturizers
- Occlusives are thicker in consistency
- Blocks the evaporation of water- perfect for dry skin
- Look for: Mineral Oil, Lanolin, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Shea Butter
- Think: Balms, thick creams
Works best for: Moisture sealers – mature, dehydrated, dry skin types
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin In Humid Weather?
- How To Reduce And Prevent Hyperpigmentation?
- How To Treat Acne When You Have Dry Skin
- The Benefits Of Vitamin C On Hair
- The 3 Best Makeup Setting Sprays for a Fade-Free Look That Lasts
Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 5g
Infused with hyaluronic acid, this cleanser hydrates your skin while effectively removing pore-clogging debris, dead skin cells, and excess sebum with probiotic-derived enzymes from green tea. Its nonabrasive formula is gentle enough to be used up to twice daily as part of any cleansing routine.